Monday, February 7, 2011

Psalms for Real

Mike and I are systematically going through Psalms and Proverbs. On the 4th - read Psalm 4 & Proverb 4, etc. I am so grateful for these Psalms, especially that they re-direct me to the Lord. Here are some findings that spoke to me specifically.

Psalm 4
To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Psalm of David.

4:1 Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have given me relief when I was in distress.
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!

2 O men, how long shall my honor be turned into shame?
How long will you love vain words and seek after lies?

Selah

3 But know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;
the Lord hears when I call to him.

4 Be angry, and do not sin;
ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. Selah

5 Offer right sacrifices,
and put your trust in the Lord.

6 There are many who say, “Who will show us some good?
Lift up the light of your face upon us, O Lord!”
7 You have put more joy in my heart
than they have when their grain and wine abound.

8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.



Psalm 5
Lead Me in Your Righteousness
To the choirmaster: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.

5:1 Give ear to my words, O Lord;
consider my groaning
(one of our Bibles says "sighing," which I totally relate to).
2 Give attention to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you do I pray.


7 But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
will enter your house.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
in the fear of you.
8 Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness
because of my enemies;
make your way straight before me.


11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them ever sing for joy,
and spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may exult in you.
12 For you bless the righteous, O Lord;
you cover him with favor as with a shield.


==

The Lord has definitely met us in this trial, and is continuing to. He is answering prayers left and right and has not un-shielded us by any means. The one day I was alone last week, a specific answer to prayer was answered. My friend (and I'm sure others) had prayed for Naomi to be especially helpful during this trial. That day, she proceeded to change David's diaper (a gross one) and then fed him. She was thorough, careful, and attentive to her little brother throughout the day. God answers prayer!

Saturday was a wonderful day with the family. I did really well during the daytime hours, and Mike and I even pulled out Agricola, a crazily complex game we hadn't played in years. He won, which is sometimes better for me, because then he's in a great mood. Tonight he won't know what hit 'em. Boo-haha!

Yesterday I had an iced coffee and was able to drink through a straw, which I hadn't done since November. Yay!

Today I was finally able to go with Naomi to the play-school group at the library. It was refreshing to be there with the other moms, to be there for Naomi, and see her interact with the other kids. Especially her best friend. (Can you guess who?) It was kind of funny to have a nanny with me, but I definitely needed her and wouldn't have been able to go without her. She helped load the car and get everyone ready. I was able to get a few groceries in the morning and she helped unload and put them away. Then she helped with the in and out of the car, out to lunch and back home for naps. My nap too, I was wiped! It may not sound huge but it was a HUGE morning for me :)

Thanks for your prayers and love.

All Psalms

No comments:

Post a Comment