The Lighter Burden of Suffering

I've come to the revelation that the more I am suffering, the better my prayer life and studying the Word is. Let's just say that I read the Word a lot today. The worse I feel, the more likely and frequently I am to turn to the Lord for help. I can tell a huge difference when I am relying on the Lord's strength compared with when I am relying on my own.

My own: trying trying trying, doing doing doing, me me me, my my my, now now now

The Lord: relying relying relying, grace grace grace, patience patience patience, abundance abundance abundance, praise praise praise

Can we see who my God is when I am feeling great? Definitely not the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Prince of Peace or Jehovah Jireh. Ok first commandment, I appreciate you now. I am totally putting myself and the "me" of trying and doing ahead of having a reliance and relationship with God.

And I'm beginning to scratch the surface of James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

For the first time I'm actually starting to have some understanding of this. Well, let's just stick with scratching the surface of understanding.

My new challenge is to fulfill the encouragement in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Even when I'm feeling stellar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who We Are Waiting For: The Rescuer

Who We are Waiting For: The Refuge

Who We are Waiting For: The Shepherd